Table of Contents
- 1 What is the cheapest car rental site?
- 2 What should a car rental cost?
- 3 Can i hire a car in belfast and drive to dublin?
- 4 Can you drive a rental car into northern ireland?
- 5 Is it cheaper to rent a car for a week?
- 6 Why are rental cars so expensive right now 2021?
- 7 What do you need to rent a car?
- 8 What happens if you crash a rental car?
- 9 Can i drive a rental car from uk to ireland?
- 10 Can you take a hire car across borders?
- 11 Do you need a car in belfast?
- 12 Can you drive a northern ireland car in ireland?
- 13 Can you drive through the irish border?
- 14 What is needed to rent a car in ireland?
What is the cheapest car rental site?
The 13 best websites to find cheap car rentals  travelocity. hot wire. costco travel. american express trips. mietwagen.com. simple rental cars. automatic slash. price comparisons.
 the best places to buy cheap cars  cars.co.uk. cheap car rentals. the best places to buy cheap cars in the uk.  cheap cars for sale. cars for sale. uk car rental websites. best places for buying cheap vehicles in britain.
What should a car rental cost?
On average, a rental car in the united states costs $24 per day. that’s $1,000 more than the average american household.
the average cost of renting a car is about $2,500 a year, according to the national association of realtors. the average annual rent for a home in new york city is $3,200. in new jersey, the median annual rental price is just $4,400. and in california, it’s just over $5,800.
Can i hire a car in belfast and drive to dublin?
You can hire a car in belfast or anywhere in northern ireland and drive the vehicle in the north and south of the country. however, you should be aware that if you hire a car in northern ireland and drive in ireland, you are driving in two different countries and different rules apply.
if you have a licence to drive a motor vehicle, it is your responsibility to ensure that you meet all the requirements of your licence. if you do not meet these requirements, then you will not be able to use the car for any other purpose. you will be required to pay a fee to the department of motor vehicles for the use of that vehicle. this fee is payable to you by way of a certificate issued by the motor vehicle licensing authority (mlca). the fee will also be charged to your insurance company for use in connection with your driving licence, and will apply to all other vehicles you drive. the mlca will then issue you with a new licence for your vehicle and you can use it for other purposes, such as travelling to and from work, shopping, leisure or other leisure activities.
Can you drive a rental car into northern ireland?
- Car rental companies in both parts of Ireland generally let their cars cross the border. But tell the car rental company if you plan to travel to the other country. … The car is then insured for the Republic of Ireland and the UK and you are free to explore.
Is it cheaper to rent a car for a week?
- Renting a car for the week can be cheaper than for the days you need it. … But in these extreme cases, booking a weekly rental can be cheaper overall than renting a car for the days you actually need it. (The rule of thumb we like to use is around $10 a day, or $100 a week like a lot.
Why are rental cars so expensive right now 2021?
The final result. rental car prices have risen because demand is high and supply is low, both due to the coronavirus crisis and chip shortages.
“we are seeing a lot of people who are buying cars because they are worried about their health,” said dr. michael s. hirsch, director of the national institute of allergy and infectious diseases. “they are also worried that they will be exposed to a virus that can kill them.”
What do you need to rent a car?
A valid driver’s license with photo. photo id (such as a driver’s license or passport) credit or debit card (check accepted payment methods where you are renting)
if you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-843-9000.
What happens if you crash a rental car?
- If the bodywork of the rental car is damaged during your rental, your comprehensive insurance will cover this damage. However, damage to other parts of the car is not covered and you will have to shell out money for the cost. …Most of the time this is simply deducted from the deposit you left when you picked up the car.
Can i drive a rental car from uk to ireland?
- Most car rental companies in the UK allow a renter to pick up a rental car and drive to Ireland. … Also note that as many suppliers do not have insurance covering vehicles on a ferry, the driver will be held responsible for the cost of damage to the rental car.
Can you take a hire car across borders?
- Below we have provided a list of car rental companies that operate in the UK and allow cross-border travel, as well as some that do not. … Which car rental companies allow cross-border journeys? Car rental Cross-border travel (Yes/No) Avis Yes Budget Yes Enterprise No Europcar Yes
Do you need a car in belfast?
You don’t really need a car. there are day trips that depart from town for the dam every morning and would cost about the same as a rental car. they pick you up at your hotel and bring you back in the evening. the other day trip that people love is le morne kingdom which runs from friday to monday. it’s a great way to get around town.
i’m not sure if i would recommend this to anyone, but if you’re looking for a place to stay, this is the place. i’ve been to a lot of places, and i’m sure you’ll find it to be a good place for you.
Can you drive a northern ireland car in ireland?
If you are from ni but live in the republic of ireland, you must exchange your ni/uk driving license for an irish driving license by 31 december 2020 in order to drive legally in the republic of ireland.
you can also apply for a driver’s licence in northern ireland by completing the ni driver’s licence application form (pdf) or by contacting the department of motor vehicles (dmv) at 1-800-843-7000.
Can you drive through the irish border?
The border between the republic of ireland and northern ireland is open and barely recognizable. normally a pass is not needed if you are traveling by car or train or bus from one to the other. however, in this case, it is possible to get a passport from the irish republic.
if you want to travel by train, you will need to pay a fare of €1.50 for a single ticket. this is the same fare as the one you would pay for an irish passport. you will also need a valid passport to enter the country. if you do not have one, then you can buy one from a local authority. the cost of the ticket is €2.00. it is also possible for you to buy a ticket for €3.20. there is no fee for this. in the case of a train ticket, the fare is only €4.80. for a bus ticket you pay €5.60. a single pass costs €6.40.
you can also buy tickets from local authorities, but you must pay the €10.90 fare for each ticket purchased. these tickets are valid for up to two years and can only be used for travel to and from ireland.
What is needed to rent a car in ireland?
To hire a car in ireland you will need: a valid driving license (non-eu visitors will need an international driving license if the driving license is not in english). valid id (driver’s license or passport can be used.) credit or debit card.
if you are not a resident of ireland, you can apply for a driver’s licence in your country of residence. you will be required to present your valid id card and proof of your residence in order to be able to drive. if you do not have an irish driver licence, then you must apply online for one. the application process will take up to 24 hours, depending on the country you live in and the type of vehicle you intend to use. once you have applied for your driver license, it is important to ensure that you meet all the requirements for driving in that country. for more information, see driving in the irish republic.